Thursday, March 12, 2009

Current iteration

DSC_2977
So like I said, I got impatient and just wanted to have this thing running. I slapped it all together and here's what I came up with.
The first thing that I did is grind off all the little tabs and things that I wouldn't need. Then I cut off the seat post. I got a little too exuberant and now I'm going to have to add some matrial just below the nose of the seat. All in good time.

DSC_2978
Once I got it running I rode it over to ADD Motorworks and had Brad reinforce the motor mounts. I've never heard of this part breaking or seperating from the frame, but I thought, "Well, it could be a potential weak point, might as well give it some more meat."

DSC_2979
The carb and intake are a bit janky looking at the moment but I plan on putting a different carb on there anyway. Right now what you are looking at is:
-E50 port-matched to polini 64cc
-Polini 64cc kit
-Polini 4 petal reed cage intake
-Rubber hose from Matt Smith
-18mm Dellorto PHBG
-Polini Air Filter
-Motomatic N8p/N6p? pipe I don't know which model it is, I do know that it seems to sit higher on the Pinto than it did on the maxi so I can lean harder into my left hand turns.

DSC_2980
My patented kill switch method. Send me a stem cap and a couple of bucks and I'll make you one too!

DSC_2981
Michael Mike helped me make this extra wide pedal shaft. It's not quite wide enough though so I'm still using a bent crank arm on the left side. Its still in the development stage.

1 comment:

  1. "My patented kill switch method. Send me a stem cap and a couple of bucks and I'll make you one too!"
    Sorry bud been doing that for over a year now, it is a sweet trick though.
    -derek

    ReplyDelete