Monday, August 30, 2010

Little Big Rigs' Big Day Out

Our truck has been in need of attention for quite some time.
The clutch was slipping pretty badly and halfway through blood drive the brake pedal began going all the way to the floor. scary!

So after a month or so of postponing the inevitable, my awesome dad volunteered to help me overhaul Little Big Rig.

First up, new master cylinder.
IMG_4193
IMG_4197

After replacing the master cylinder we pulled all the wheels off and put new brake pads on.
Front:
IMG_4383
IMG_4373
Back:
IMG_4214

Next we attacked the drive train and transmission in order to drop the bell housing and replace that old slippery clutch.
IMG_4391
IMG_4393
IMG_4397
Working as a team.
IMG_4401
Bell Housing
IMG_4404
Getting out that old clutch.
IMG_4405

When the job was done, even the lady folk came out to wash and wax Little Big Rig and give him some much needed love and attention.
IMG_4419
We were rewarded for our work with one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen.
IMG_4421

I have to say that there is no way I could ever have done any of this without my dad. I really appreciate his company. He's not too feeble for an old 60 year old and his mind isn't completely gone yet.

Ok Little Big Rig. When's the next cross country trip?

2 comments:

  1. Kvernmo: How to keep your truck happy and your family running. Also, in that first picture the old guy looks like the character from "oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Suess

    http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/61/3/AAAAAnd-6x0AAAAAAGE8TA.jpg?v=1186098330000

    ReplyDelete
  2. That feeble 60-year-old is the most awesome uncle a guy could ask for. Did you know that back in March he rode his bicycle 60+ miles with me? Just to help me reach my first 100-mile day?

    ReplyDelete